In the interest of making ideas about migration as accessible as possible, I’ve assembled the tweets, YouTube videos, and Instagram photos from several of the plenary sessions of the 2014 International Metropolis Conference into Storify pages:
- Development Through Migration – with Imelda Nicolas, Liu Yanguo, and Hein de Haas
- Migration in the Media – with Rob McNeil, Kaarina Nikunen, and Paolo Lambruschi
- The Competitive Advantage of Diversity – with Walter Kindermann, Laura Zanfrini, Ratna Omidvar, and Khalid Koser
- Undocumented Migrants – with Sarah Spencer, Eva Millona, and Maurizio Ambrosini
- Forced Migration, Tensions, and Conflict in the Mediterranean – with Sandra Sarti, Philippe Fargues, Volker Türk, and Laura Corrado
As you can see, some of these sessions are better documented than others. I have some misgivings about using Storify to put together tweets of presentations, as tweets tend to be fairly elliptical and it is hard to piece together the entirety of the speaker’s argument. However, it is a good way to archive and organize event tweets for attendees’ future reference. If you were not at the conference, these Storify pages may be more useful to identify key influencers in these fields.